Opera on the Avalon in the News
OOTA in the media
- Common Ground – Shanawdithit (Opera America Magazine)
- Opera on the Avalon’s Production of The Phantom of the Opera Review (The Cricket)
- JOAN SULLIVAN: ‘Phantom’ is phenomenal (The Telegram)
- ‘Phantom’ is coming to St. John’s (The Telegram)
- Opera on the Avalon Sounds Alarm Over Exorbitant Prices from Secondary Ticket Sellers (VOCM News)
- Beware of Fraudulent Ticket Sellers (CBC NL)
- Spotlight on Cox & Palmer and Opera on the Avalon – As One (Business and Arts NL)
Opera on the Avalon
78 O’Leary Avenue
St. John’s, NL, A1B 2C7
(709) 738 1322
We respectfully acknowledge the land on which we gather as the ancestral homelands of the Beothuk [bee-oth-uck], whose culture has now been erased forever. We also acknowledge the island of Ktaqmkuk [dah-gmm-gook] (Newfoundland) as the unceded, traditional territory of the Beothuk and the Mi’kmaq [mig-maw]. And we acknowledge Labrador as the traditional and ancestral homelands of the Innu [in-ew] of Nitassinan [ne-tass-eh-nen], the Inuit [in-yoo-eet] of Nunatsiavut [nu-nat-see-ah-vut], and the Inuit of NunatuKavut [nu-nah-tuhk-ah-vut]. We recognize all First Peoples who were here before us, those who live with us now, and the seven generations to come. As First Peoples have done since time immemorial, we strive to be responsible stewards of the land and to respect the cultures, ceremonies, and traditions of all who call it home. As we open our hearts and minds to the past, we commit ourselves to working in a spirit of truth and reconciliation to make a better future for all.
Opera on the Avalon thanks our Generous Sponsors Cahill, Coast 101.1 FM, Cox & Palmer, Fortis, Marco Group, and Gluskin Sheff, Genoa Design International, Toronto Dominion Bank and Travelers.